ICF Virginia, Hampton Road Region’s Next Meeting: Friday, December 2nd, 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., University of Phoenix, Virginia Beach
Greetings Hampton Roads Coaching Community!!
We are still on cloud nine from our last gathering and want to keep the momentum going with our next ICF Virginia, Hampton Roads (ICFVA-HR) Region Luncheon event scheduled for Friday, December 2nd, 11:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. at the University of Phoenix, Virginia Beach.
ICFVAHR 2016 Peer-to-Peer Coaching Practicum
One characteristic of a great coach is that whatever their skill level, they want to get better. When it’s just you and your client, there aren’t many opportunities to explore what just happened with fellow coaches. Wouldn’t it be great to hear from people you respect that you just hit one out of the park? Or maybe you’d like to know of alternate coaching moves that could be more effective in a specific situation.
ICFVA-HR is proud to offer this opportunity to take your coaching level up a notch with the 2016 Coaching Practicum. It’s an opportunity to learn by doing. You’ll observe and debrief coaching demonstrations, coach a client and receive feedback from peers in the safety of a small group, and you’ll be coached. All three experiences can add to your repertoire, add to your confidence, and give you food for thought as you move forward in your practice.
· To observe skilled coaches as they work with clients
· To explore critical incidents in a coaching session and identify coaching moves which help the client progress
· To practice coaching in a supportive environment
· To receive supportive and constructive feedback on a coaching session
· To identify the core coaching competencies used in a live coaching session
· To sharpen observational skills as client and observer by giving feedback to fellow coaches
Special Note: Please bring a coaching situation that you would like to receive coaching on.