Coaching Presence is considered the most important Core Competency by ICF and most Coach Training Organizations. A coach’s presence determines how we perceive the client, how we listen, and what we are curious about in a coaching session. It has a direct effect on how effectively a client is served. Participants will experience practices that can support a coaching in preparing for a coaching session as well as simple practices that a coach can use during the session to come back to a deep coaching presence.
This webinar will address the following core competencies:
- Coaching presence
- Active Listening
- Powerful questioning
- Direct communication
- Creating awareness
This webinar will also address how deep coaching presence supports more effective use of the ICF PCC Markers. Additionally, we will explore how the body/brain science supports the use of somatics in coaching.
At the end of the presentation, participants will have an understanding of:
1. Experience becoming present to their body, emotions, and thoughts and how this supports more effective coaching.
2. Explore the meaning of presence and why Coaching Presence is considered the most important ICF Core Competency and what behaviors demonstrate a coach is present to a client.
3. Experiment with Practices to support a deep coaching presence. We will do each of the practices and process them together as to how they might be used to support the coach and the client.
Bio, Carol Harris-Fike
Carol Harris-Fike, Personal Leadership Coach & Mentor, supports clients around the world. She is a Program/Mentor Coach and Newfield Coach Coordinator as well as a member of the Newfield Network Certification Assessment Team. She serves Newfield as liaison to the ICF and to ACTO where she is currently Board Secretary. Carol is listed in the ICF Mentor Coach Registry and has passed the ICF PCC Marker Assessor Training. She is a Level 1 Certified in the Alba Method of Emoting.
- Carol is the author of 5 Life Energies: The Choice You Have in How Energy Shapes Your Life © 2009. She co-created JICT Images: Journey with Intuition & Creativity for Transformation © 2010; 72 evocative images with coaching questions. Her areas of expertise include ontological coaching, an understanding of the latest research in the science of the brain/body, somatic coaching, and an extensive study of energy through Reiki & Qi Chong. Carol lives in Western Colorado and enjoys hiking and snow shoeing on her ranch in the San Juan Mountains.
- Learn more about Carol’s work at www.CHFcoach.com and www.CoachDeep.com.