Join ICF Virginia, in celebration of International Coaches Week, for a unique webinar, May 8, 2018 at 7:00 p.m. EST. The Neurobiology of Somatic Coaching: Embody Your Social and Emotional Intelligence
This workshop, led by Amanda Blake, draws on material from embright’s Body = Brain program, which has been approved for ICF CCEs since 2012. In recent years there’s been an explosion of research about the brain and body. But our knowledge of this vast field – not to mention our ability to put it to use – is scant at best. Help clients take practical steps toward better living and stronger leadership by turning new research into applied practice. Learn how to build the social and emotional intelligence you – and your clients! – need to achieve greater satisfaction and success. Key Learning Objectives:
• Discover how & why body, brain, and behavior are inextricably linked • Learn practical tools to cultivate qualities of social and emotional intelligence such as courage, composure, resilience, compassion, and clear communication
• Develop your coaching presence & help clients grow their leadership presence
• Discover straightforward, science-based principles and practices that reliably build social and emotional intelligence
Core Competencies addressed:
• Coaching Presence – participants will learn how to embody a more powerful coaching presence.
• Creating Awareness – participants will learn how to ask powerful questions about embodied experience to elicit new insights from their clients.
• Designing Actions – we will discuss how to enlist clients in cocreating transformative embodied practices.
Amanda Blake, is author of the forthcoming book Your Body Is Your Brain: Get Smarter About What Matters By Harnessing Your Full Intelligence. For the last decade she has worked with socially conscious entrepreneurs both nationally and internationally to support the growth of their leadership capacity in a holistic, body-oriented way. As the creator of the Body = Brain course on the neuroscience of embodiment, she is viewed as a thought-leader in her field, and colleagues regularly seek her out for her expertise in the science of social and emotional learning. Mandy is certified as a Master Somatic Leadership Coach through Strozzi Institute, and she holds a degree in Human Biology from Stanford University. She’s also a longtime yoga enthusiast, mountaineer, musician, and celebrator of life.